Date posted: September 10, 2015
Designer – PV/Solar Hot Water Systems (Residential) – Kauai
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs, conducts and coordinates engineering site visits of residential PV/Solar Hot Water System projects.
- Responsible for assisting with developing and designing code compliant systems for construction and installation of residential projects.
- Ability to read, translate, and interpret Architectural/Electrical/Structural drawings.
- Coordinate with Electrical/Structural Engineers in the design process.
- Coordinate with Sales/Customers/Operations in the design process.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, setup ladders of various types, able to crawl independently in small spaces and ability to work at heights.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience in residential design, construction and installation is preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of Google Sketch-up or other CAD experience and/or graphic design programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Structural/Mechanical design concepts and practices is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with customers and sales in the design process.