Date posted: July 14, 2015
Commercial Sales Consultant
We are presently accepting applications for a Commercial Sales Consultant.
Our Commercial Sales Consultant is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling PV, Solar Hot Water and Energy Efficiency products and systems to customers. The Sales Consultant meets regularly with prospective new clients to deliver sales presentations, follow-up with key decision makers and sell all products and services.
- Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new and profitable commercial business to meet and exceed monthly established revenue goals.
- Develop and utilize the Company’s Customer Relations Manager (CRM) tool, schedule and document all activities, and develop detailed information on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective new customers; follow up with key customer decision makers and to close all sales.
- Develop an awareness of market behaviors and competitive trends in designated markets to anticipate changing customer needs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our Company’s available products and services, lines of business, pricing structure and offer additional services to existing and potential customers.
- Complete and maintain required Customer Service Agreements, CRM entries, reports and other documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce and other events, as necessary.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- High School Diploma and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of direct selling experience. Preferably in a B2B environment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Outstanding time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Outstanding communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling and sense of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve and exceed all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.