Date posted: July 24, 2018
Administrative Assistant – Oahu, HI
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the Office Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the correct staff members
- Responsible for sending weekly active job list to superintendents
- Maintain contract folders and filing of contracts and correspondences
- Work with Superintendents, Billings and Contract Administrator on pricing, change, orders and any contract issues that need to be resolved.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution and coordinate courier services
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and internal staff contact lists
- Keep stock and maintain office supplies, toiletry item, and etc.
- Provide office supplies toiletry item, etc. for staff and maintain adequate stocks; task includes ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Reconcile bank statements and company credit cards
- Responsible for filing customer service work orders
- Prepare and mail customer service surveys
- Keep record of payroll for field, hourly, and exempt employees
- Assist with warehouse supervisor with inventory control
- Plan company events and/or meetings as needed
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within an office environment and front of house.
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. fax, photocopiers etc.
- Implementing admin systems and databases
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good written skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of word-processing, (Microsoft Word) combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary (e.g. databases and spreadsheets).
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Smart and business-like appearance.